– The former name of Iran was Persia, which was in use till 1935.
– Persians have a different language and identity from the rest of the Middle East.
– Iran is one of the world’s oldest continuous major civilizations, with historical and urban settlements dating back to 4000 BC.
– Iran has crocodiles. It’s tigers were hunted to extinction 50 years ago. But still has the only Asiatic cheetah.
– Persian (Farsi) is still spoken in Tajikestan and Afghanistan. It was the official court language of India for 200 years.
– Surprisingly, Persia [Iran] built the earliest known windmills, which resembled large paddle wheels. Iran was pioneering wind energy long before any other nation realized the energy benefit of God’s natural energy powerhouse.