- Indonesia is the fourth most populous country in the world and the largest Muslim populated country in the world.
- The word “Indonesia” is derived from the word Indus which in Latin means “Ocean” and the word nesos which in Greek means “island”. So, Indonesia means the territory of the Indian islands, or archipelago located in the Indies.
- There are five Officially recognized religions in Indonesia, namely Islam, Catholicism, Protestantism, Hinduism, and Buddhism. And Islam is the Largest one.
- Indonesia consists of five major islands, namely: Java with an area of 132,107 km ², Sumatera with an area of 473,606 km ², Borneo with an area of 539,460 km ², Sulawesi, with an area of 189,216 km ², and Papua with an area of 421.981 km ²
- The most popular sports in Indonesia are badminton and football.
- Indonesia is the fourth largest country of the world, in terms of population.